Today's smart security installations have become more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to do easy security chores like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these chores again? When utilizing geofencing in Toledo, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Toledo For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter along the sides of your property, which you can arrange in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your mobile device to see when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements utilize to share information with other connected equipment. This innovative approach assists your home security by grouping all devices onto the same network. You can then institute specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and program the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, when you pull away from your premises, you could set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the devices you can command with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home’s security system in Toledo. With the mobile app, you can make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: set your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific equipment activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system notices unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs lower, the A/C go down, and the smart locks activate at the end of the day. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and HVAC levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm when you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Toledo
Whether you seek added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (419) 359-8479 or complete the following form to get started on your optimal security system.