Security cameras can solely be used as a deterrent—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with an array of tools all tailor-made to provide total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these features help you to get the most from security cameras in Toledo.
How To Set Up Your Toledo Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your security cameras at the perfect points around your living space is the right place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common spots like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your patio, drive, front and patio, shed, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your main entryway with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your home that aren’t quite as imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your visitors should be a chief concern prior to mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Component location is only the beginning in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Toledo. The innovations described below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic alerts on your mobile device the instant unusual activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when motions are discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your home security cameras to record and back up clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone via the camera. With your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that provide at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and disregard traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send timely alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Toledo is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system rises from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (419) 359-8479 or submit the form below to start personalizing your security system today.